Friday 30 December 2011

Beauty with Bare Minerals

Being a lover of all things beauty can sometimes have consequences. I flit in between products I use because I get so excited about others on the market. Therefore, my make-up 'bag', more suitcase, steadily increases and I forget to use those little gems that I found a few months ago because I'm already salivating over Dior's summer colour pallet for 2015! Slight exaggeration but you get the point. Saying this, one brand that I never fail to forget and will always use is Bare Minerals.

I was recommended Bare Minerals by a friend who works for Champneys, she said that she had very bad skin and ever since using Bare Minerals her spots cleared because the powder was so pure. A make-up that was helping bad skin, surely not? As you may know, it does not take much to persuade me to try a new make-up brand so almost instantly I found myself at the local Debenhams purchasing the mineral powder from Bare Minerals.

I spoke with the skincare advisor on the counter and she helped me pick a shade that matched my skin tone, I wear Medium Beige N20, but you can also go online and do it if you're too busy. I have to say it's one of the best products I've ever bought. It's so easy to apply, you tap a small amount of powder into the lid and then buff your brush into the powder. Tap off any excess powder and then with small circular motions buff it into your skin. It gives an even, luminous finish. It conceals any little nasties without looking like you're wearing any make-up. You just feel really fresh and natural. My boyfriend always comments when I'm wearing it, he says he likes me looking natural but little does he know I've got foundation on it's just so amazing that you can't tell!

It gives a slight sheen to the skin so it looks as though you have a natural glow about you - as if you have drunk about 10 litres of water that day! I would recommend this for all skin types. I have dry skin but the powder doesn't dry it out as I expected, it actually moisturises my skin and glides into the skin perfectly. I would also highly recommend it to help blemished skin because my friend swears by it to help clear her skin. It's even so pure that you can sleep in it - ssshh I actually do sometimes *beauty sin*

I can't recommend this product enough, it's £23 which I think is a small price to pay for gorgeous skin. I always feel so confident when I'm wearing it because my skin looks luminous and natural but I know the powder gives amazing coverage so all my blemishes are covered.

I always pair this my all-time favourite Bare Minerals product - All-over face radiance in Tropical Radiance. I've raved about this before in another blog post but I'll just give a little summary now - it's amazing!

I use this almost everyday because I like to look tanned but I don't always want to pile on the fake tan. You apply this powder the same as the foundation and buff it all over your skin and the coral pigments in the powder lift your natural complexion so you've got the 'just got back from the south of France' look about you.This is £19 and there are many different shades in the collection to lift your natural complexion so I advise you to get down to your local department store for a consultation.

Everyone should have Bare Minerals in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment