Sunday 1 January 2012

Get your 2012 face on!

Happy new year everyone! I hope you all had an amazing evening, I started 2012 as I mean to go on with a fried breakfast! Every year I make resolutions I know I will never keep so this year I'm just not going to bother with them. Although having said that, I am trying to save to move in with my boyfriend later in the year. We want to get a mortgage together which means save, save, save. At a recent appointment with the bank my boyfriend and I were very embarrassed to find out we spend approx. £500 on food in a month! How cringe to have to tell your bank that most of our money goes to Nandos.

As one of our spending cuts we saved money this NYE and went to a good old-fashioned house party, which no doubt meant today was going to be a complete write-off. I was right, here I am now watching Richie Rich curled up in my duvet with a face mask. I thought I'd do a quick blog about rejuvenating your skin after a rough night.

I always recommend taking your make-up off before bed (but I know this isn't always possible!) and drink water before bed, and as soon as you wake up. Your skin will be dehydrated after a long night so you need to put the moisture back into your skin. I use an Avene water spray to perk my skin, the fresh water is soothing and anti-irritating - perfect for hungover skin. This next step is cheap and easy, I slap on Nivea creme onto my face and just let it slowly soak in. It's so thick it leaves your skin feeling plump and hydrated. I wouldn't recommend this as a regular beauty routine because it's too heavy to use daily on the skin and will leave you with those annoying under the skin spots, but when your skin is thirsty it is great to use once to inject some moisture into your tired skin. It leaves you with a glow as if you've had 8 hours sleep, and at only £1.11 you can't go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment