Saturday 17 December 2011

The Christmas Mascara Special!

Merry Christmas every one! I'm getting right in to the Christmas spirit at the moment, at work on Friday every one wore santa suits for the day to raise money for a local hospice and it was hilarious! We all went to the pub at lunch and it was Christmas chaos. So to say the least I am excited for Christmas.

I thought I would spread a bit of this joy by rating some of my all time favourite mascaras so every one can have fun and flirty lashes over the festive season. No one should be without a good flutter.

LENGTH: To kick things off my first mascara I have chosen in my little showcase of luscious lashes is awarded for its ability to lengthen lashes to the extreme - It's MaxFactor False Lash Effect. This wonder buy has patented liquid lash technology with a huge brush that coats your lashes from root to tip. It sells itself as a volume mascara but personally I think it's amazing for length. Available in Boots stores nationwide and online at maxfactor.co.uk 

VOLUME: The winner for giving xxl volume for me is Lancome Hypnose Drama, giving instant body to lack lustre lashes. My lashes are quite long but sadly I don't seem to have many. However this mascara really plumps them out and creates a fan of gorgeous lashes. What I mostly love about this product is that you can add as many coats as you want and there's no clumpiness. A great natural mascara to create beautiful eyes - a real must-have in my opinion. Again available from most boots stores and online at boots.co.uk. I think there might an offer on at boots at the moment of two freebies when you buy two lancome products too so get buying!

Natural peepers
NATURAL LOOK: If you want to create the illusion that you're not wearing much make-up but you want your eyes to still stand out I have got a great one for that! My favourite mascara for creating a pretty natural eye is Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara. It doesn't create the longest lashes in the world but it does give you a nice natural look with a great curl and separation to your lashes. Available from Boots.

ALL-ROUND AMAZING: My favourite mascara ever is Chanel Inimitable Intense. It does everything it says it will - gives incredible length while volumising my weedy lashes and gives great curl while it's at it. I've worn it quite a lot recently and I've had comments from people asking if I'm wearing falsh ones because it creates such a great lash. It's £22.50 so at the more expensive end of the scale but I would definitely say it's worth it. Available from some department stores and boots and boots.com.

And that's me and my mascaras done for today, but I have so much more to say. If you want any tips on what mascara to get please do get in touch because I have used SO many mascaras and am more than happy to share my memoirs!

Sorry to be random but while I was writing this post my little brother made me a bacon sandwich without me even asking! Ahhhh how cute is that!

Bye y'all xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment