Saturday 22 October 2011

Catwalk by Tigi - I'm in Love

When I'm usually wandering around town on the weekend the two things I look at when I see a girl, is how has she done her make-up and what is her hair like - And then I usually take inspiration from them and try to recreate the look on myself. This might seem weird to some but I think it's a little thing that most girls do and it's how trends start.

I have been dying to recreate Blake Lively's hair for quite some time but have never quite got there! I'm very lucky to have thick hair, and lots of it. It has potential to be quite versatile but I only ever seem to have one style (I call it messy chic but I actually just don't brush my hair).

I love Blake's hair because it looks like there's no effort been spared to look that amazing, but you are fully aware she has some amazing stylists behind her. So I thought I'd put a bit of effort in to try and find the products to use to recreate her style. I've never been one to like a lot of products in my hair because I felt my hair looked weighed down and greasy, but now I think it's just a case of getting the right products for your hair.

The products that changed my mind were the gorgeous products from Catwalk by Tigi. The exact products that were used in Chris Benz's show at NYFW to create a glamourous look with a slightly trashy and imperfect twist - a style dream for me.



Chris Benz asked the Tigi Creative team to bring to life mugshots, and almost wig-like hair. Nick Irwin, Creative Stylist, did just this using Catwalk by Tigi Session Series Dry Shampoo and Work It Hairspray. After using the products myself to recreate the look I am extremely impressed with the quality of the product. To be honest though I didn't expect much less from Tigi.

The Dry Shampoo has a very light texture so your hair doesn't feel heavy at the roots, and it doesn't leave that tell-tale grey/white mark around your roots that most dry shampoos do. The hairspray has amazing holding power that stays put for the day, and doesn't leave your hair feeling dry and crunchy. Although I wouldn't walk round town with hair like off the catwalks, as above, the products allow you to create the same texture and style but more subtlety - Hello Blake Lively. The products are available from selected salons, and prices start at £11.50.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment