Sunday 18 December 2011

Candy Make-up

I'm just lazing around watching Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, which I love, and it inspired me to do a post for a candy make-up look. I was thinking what could I do that has something to do with the film and my immediate thought was a 'Beauty Copycat' of the Oompa Loompas! My imagination really does run away with me sometimes! On second thoughts I toned it down slightly and decided to go with a flirty candy coloured look.
Eat Me

To create this look we'll first need a foundation to create matte base to let the colours pop. I've chosen to use Studio Fix foundation from Mac using a Real Techniques foundation brush. This foundation is buildable and long-wearing so a great all-round foundation.


Next I'd set this with a powder and go under the eyes with Mac Select Moisturecover. This is a fantastic concealer for me because it blends well. I get very dry skin under my eyes so usually concealer sticks to the dry areas but this one glides over it and conceals beautifully.
Once you have your base it's time to choose the colours you want to use. I'm going to use Mac's limited edition Hold that pose! from the Glitter & Ice collection. It's a gorgeous highly pigmented mauve colour with a shimmer effect. Next take the 'silver skates' eye pencil in the collection under the eye right up to the tear duct to make your eyes look bigger and more beautiful.


Finish your eyes off with a mascara to lengthen those lashes use Mac Zoomlash in Plum to really emphasise your purple peepers. Next we're going to highlight the apples of the cheeks with a pretty pink colour using Benefit Thrrrob to create pink flush. To top of the look use a pretty pink lipstick, or gloss if you're not confident with lipstick. I would use Collection 2000 lipstick in Marshmallow. It's a luscious moisturising lipstick that stays on for longer than you would think it would.


And there you have it, a pretty candy look - great for Christmas parties <3

Penny xx




No comments:

Post a Comment