Tuesday 15 November 2011

Purple Haze

With the Christmas season fast approaching, a bit quicker than I would like, it makes me think towards glam party looks for the Christmas parties I'll be hitting up.

One look that I think is going to be quite key is using purple tones to define your eyes - especially if you have brown/green eyes. Use darker tones of purple the darker your eyes, and stick to subtle lilacs if you're a blue eyed babe.

*Top tips for using Purps eyeshadow:*

  • To avoid looking red and bleary eyed make sure you use a good concealer first under your eyes (Benefit Eye Bright is great to rid the red)
  • Keep the rest of your look pretty low key pairing with neutral colours, you can still go glam with neutral colours (gold and purple would be amazing for a discoteque!)
  • Avoid pairing with pink blusher, fake the sunshine and sculpt your face with a deep bronzer (Givenchy are great for golden but subtle bronzers)
The must-have eye colour for winter is Nars Due Eyeshadow in Eurydice - an aubergine and graphite duo. This long-wearing, crease resistant eye colour is £23.50 available online or at most space nk stores.

The reason I think this eye shadow is so good is that it really does stay on for ages, and you can use it as a subtle shade or you can play with it and build up colour. Also can be used as an eyeliner if you use wet for more impact.

Make like Beyonce and Kim - Go purple this Christmas!


2 comments:

  1. I'm usually not a huge fan of purple eyeshadows but on green eyes it just looks amazing!I've got green eyes and I love using MAC Artjam as a base and building on top of it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh cool I'll have to try that one! Copper tones tend to bring out green eyes too x

    ReplyDelete