Thursday 29 December 2011

Ballerina Bun - 2012 Trend

With the new year fast approaching I thought it would be a good idea to start scouting the magazines for trends we will see coming our way. While I'm always looking for the next beauty trend, I always seem to get lazy with my hair and just leave it to however it decides to hang that day.

I have naturally very thick hair and generally quite a lot of it so I tend to leave it down quite a lot and just mess it up at the roots - and that is my attempt of styling my hair. Due to this horrid laziness one of my NY resolutions will be to take pride in the appearance of my hair and get up just 10 minutes earlier to ensure it looks decent.

Donna Karan - Ballerina Bun
One trend that is going to continue to be big in 2012 is the ballerina bun as seen at Donna Karan shows for AW12. This style looks so sophisticated and stylish, perfect for work and an evening with friends - even works well as a bridal style. Definitely one to learn how to do.

For this style you need:
1 hair bobble
Hairspray
Hair brush
Lots of hair pins

To get started brush all your hair into a ponytail at the crown of your head, secure this ponytail with your bobble. Hairspray your hair while stroking your hair back towards the bobble so all your little frizzy bits around your face are stuck down!

Next, split the ponytail into four even sections. Take the first section and brush it upwards and spray it loads with hairspray. Then roll it outwards towards your hair into a little roll (if you have long hair roll under itself) and secure with as many bobby pins as you need. Do this with other three sections, but make sure you can't tell the sections have been split into four. It needs to look seamless. Spray the finished piece with loads of hairspray to keep it stuck. It takes a lot of practice but gets a lot easier honestly! Your hair should look like a big doughnut. See my attempt below!

It's a great style and makes you feel very glam. All in all the style takes around 5-8 minutes to do so go glam for 2012 ladies xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment