Thursday 25 September 2014

The Teenage Years - LFW

If like me you've been a keen follower of LFW you will have seen one of the latest beauty trends to hit us - I'm calling it 'the teenage years'.

'The teenage years' consists of an even, porcelain skin tone with lashings of mascara to give an innocent doe-eyed guise, and adding to the look with a subtlety glittery glossy lip - basically going back in time to the early noughties where body glitter was all the rage (let's bring this back!).

This trend was spotted on Victoria Beckham and Jason Wu's catwalks and I have to admit I'm thrilled that we have an easy and wearable style to follow this winter. I'm a lover from afar of the winter berry colour palettes but I'm not one to pull off an aubergine lip in the winter, hence my enthusiasm for the bare faced chic of 'the teenage years'.

But how do I pull off this look without looking like my former 12 year old self you ask? Well, I'm no expert and probably look I'm ten years old (especially with this scrunchie I'm still sporting), but I've picked my favourite products that I think ooze grown-up gorgeousness but will give you the natural glow of  teenager that we can only dream of nowadays! 

The face - My favourite base to achieve a dewy and light complexion while giving even coverage is the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser. While this gives your skin a lovely natural glow of a moisturiser it still gives enough coverage to cover any pesky blemishes. This, for me, is perfect for the winter as I really feel like it lifts my complexion. Give yourself a little natural flush using the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lip and Cheek (£19), my favourite is Fresh Melon. No matter what look I'm trying to achieve I will always add a sweep of bronzer just to pick up my complexion and my go-to at the moment is Hoola from Benefit (£23.50).

The eyes - Keep your eyes simple with some brightening under eye concealer (I'm loving Garnier roll-on all over again!) and layers of mascara to really open up your eyes giving a youthful look. My favourite mascara at the moment is the Benefit They're Real (£19). I'm amazed at just how good this mascara is and would recommend it to anyone wanting to achieve longer and more voluminous lashes - so basically everyone.


The lips - Add your favourite lip balm first to ensure maximum lip plumpage (note: made up word) and then slick on a clear gloss to finish off the look. My top pick is Nars Larger Than Life Lipgloss in Gold digger (£19.50).


So while I may be depressed that summer is on its way out and the tans are fading, I'm quite excited for all the autumn trends that we can now start playing with.

What were your favourite looks from LFW?


No comments:

Post a Comment