Saturday 22 January 2011

It's the freak-end people! Hope you all had a fab week. On Wednesday, I awoke at 6.00am to get to London town for my dream job interview with Conde Nast. Even though it was the middle of the night, I was still excited to be on the train to the interview of dreams at Vogue house. I even rewarded my early appearance with a syrup of my choice in the morning latte. 

Feeling a bit perkier on the train I started to apply my make-up so I'd be looking fresh for the job. This wobbly, messy application got me thinking...what is the perfect make-up for an interview? From my own, and friends, experience it is best to keep it fresh and light. Here are my tips for looking like the perfect candidate with the help of a girls best friend <3

So the idea is to keep it natural and dewy looking, think Jennifer Aniston.


To recreate Jen's flawless look follow these simple tips.

1. Using Chanel's new Aqua Vitalumiere foundation, use a small amount and spread evenly over your face giving you a natural glow from within. (£31) If the price is holding you back, buy this month's Glamour magazine and use the sample they are giving out for free! 

2. Take Benefit's High beam and dot the product on your cheekbone and under your eyebrow. (£18.50) Your complexion is made instantly radiant with this 'supermodel in a bottle' as it's affectionately known as.

3. Clinique Almost bronzer (£21.50) This sheer bronzer not only provides a natural healthy glow but also protects against the sun. Apply it to your face making the shape of the number three starting at your forehead, in at the cheekbone and then round to the jawline. Do on both sides of your face to achieve that sunkissed glow. 

4. Apply a light coating of mascara giving you full and fluttery lashes, using Clinique High Impact mascara (14.50) 

5. Add a coat of gloss of your choice, preferably natural but if you want to make a bit of a statement with your look then your lip colour is the safest option. My favourite glosses at the moment are the collection that H&M have. Inject your lips with colour pop starting at £1.99. 


Not only is this a great look for interviews but also for holidays, and any other occasion you want to keep a natural, radiant look. 

Bye for now xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment