Tuesday 28 June 2011

The best cleanser in the world

With the summer here, sort of, I thought it was about time to get my skin out from under the mask to let it bask in the warm sunshine, and I was keeping my fingers tightly crossed for an added sun-kissed glow. Lately my skin has been playing up, probably due to the stress of the final year of university, but all the same I decided to change my skin care.

I decided to try my old favourite Clinique for the second time. Clinique has been great for me in the past and I still think it is a fantastic brand for oily skin, prone to blemishes. However, for my sensitive, dry skin it didn't appear to help at all. Thinking it would rid me of spots forever I bought the famous 3 step routine, and was very excited to take my make-up off that evening. Sad I know!

Unfortunately for me Clinique had recently changed their ingredients in the clarifying lotion (Step 2) and my skin reacted quite badly to the new potion. My eyes went all crusty where the lotion had dried them out so much and my skin looked like a a shrivelled prune where it was so dry! It was humiliating, and as vain as it sounds I even turned down a night out because my skin was so awful. So, I obviously didn't use Clinique for much longer! Being too scared to try any other products for a while I stuck to my trusty face wipes that I use annually for ease at the IOW festival!

Being a beauty snob, though, I do have a slight hatred for face wipes. Yes they're fabulous for wiping away the surface make-up and are extremely cheap. But ladies, they are not cleansing your skin deeper than the surface layer which is what you need if you want to stay looking young and radiant. So I was on the look-out for a new cleansing routine and I was open for any suggestions. I would pay any price for great skin care - even as a poor student.

Recently I went into Space NK with a friend and was kindly given a sample to try by the sales assistant. Apparently it had received fantastic reviews and is the latest product loved by celebrities. I tried it as soon as I got home and let me tell you....I fell in love.



Vogue has described it as 'the best cleanser in the world' and I 100% agree, it felt like heaven on my face! Eve Lom is the best cleanser I have ever used and I would recommend it to any-one. It feels like you're having a spa treatment every time you wash your face, and it leaves your skin feeling thoroughly cleansed and refreshed with a youthful glow. At £50 for 100ml pot it is expensive there is no denying that but it is well worth that price. My housemates, each with varying skin types, have all highly rated the product and I personally couldn't rate it any less than 10/10.

I have yet to try any of the other products from this skincare queen but I will be very soon and will let you all know how I get on. Pop down to your nearest Space NK to get a sample, you won't be disappointed! Ciao for now xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment