Saturday 13 October 2012

Give Your Eyes Some TLC

Your eyes are a huge tell-tale sign of what you're thinking, how you're feeling and how old you are - so it's important to look after them. I have particularly dry skin under my eyes so I use an eye cream to add moisture to the delicate skin, but I know a lot of people are unsure whether they should be using an eye cream or not, so I thought I'd do a little run down of some of the creams I've been using recently and why they're good and maybe not so good.

I do think it's important to use an eye cream from your twenties onwards, just for preventative measures! You can get some really amazing affordable creams on the high street, as I'm about to show you.

First on my list is a cream I'm not too keen on, it's Burt's Bees radiance under eye cream. Anything with radiance in the title I'm immediately sold, but this one didn't perform as well as I would have hoped. I bought it on the promise that it would lighten my under eye circles but I didn't notice a difference at all, it felt nice on application though. It has a pearlescent type glow to it and I think it would be lovely for younger skin that just needs a bit of a perk, but my under eye circles are too dark and it just didn't really do anything for me.

Next I've got the Monu Eye Gel, which was lovely in the summer. It is really cooling and soothing on the eye so perfect for taking on holiday with you. It's not greatly moisturising so not a favourite of mine, but the cornflower extracts really work to soothe your eye and reduces any puffiness - great for a hangover!

This next one is amazing for more mature skin, ladies who are worried about crows feet will love this! It's Dr Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Eye Perfect, which works in 15 minutes to fill out your crows feet. I've tested this on my mum this morning and it actually works! And it's only £8.99 from Holland & Barrett, bargain.

I've been using another one from Dr Organic as well which is the Royal Jelly Eye Serum, this is lovely and moisturising and is perfect for those days when your skin really needs some rejuvenation. The royal jelly is deeply moisturising and works wonders on my crusty under eye area - gross but true.

One of my favourites is Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream, this is soothing, brightening and lifting and is made from 99% natural ingredients, which is a winner for me because my eyes are so sensitive. After I've used this my eyes feel bright and tightened, which is great for my early morning starts. It has hyaluronic acid in, which isn't as scary as it sounds - it's a natural filler that boosts the moisture in your skin and fills out any wrinkles while it's at it. This is slightly pricey at £20 from Lookfantastic.com but it is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone.

I also love the Clinique All About Eyes, which isn't in the picture, but it's so lovely! It has a gorgeous creamy texture which feels really luxurious when you put it on and it does everything it claims to, my under eye circles were definitely reduced. Again, I think that's quite expensive at around £20 but it's worth it. I really want to try the new one from Clinique so once I have tried it I'll let you know what I think.

Generally I think it's really important to use an eye cream, but it's equally as important that you don't use too much, which will leave you with greasy, heavy skin under the eye. Apply a small dot on your ring finger and dab onto your other ring finger. Start by gently dabbing into the outer corner of your eye socket and follow the cheekbone down gently pushing the cream into your skin. You don't need to go too close to the eye as the heat from your eye will draw the cream in.

Do you use eye cream? What's your favourite? x


From left to right - Monu, Dr Organic, Balance Me, Dr Organic and the little pot is Burt's Bees.




2 comments: