Thursday 18 October 2012

Five Minute Makeover

Nearly Friday guys, we're almost there! I think I might do a post soon about how to create the peacock eyes that seems to be the trend at the moment, TBC... I wanted to do a blog post today about my make-up essentials for on the go. As you know I commute to work, which takes about 2 hours each way and I often get asked how early I have to wake up. People are generally shocked when I say I get up 15 minutes before I leave and they don't understand how I have time to get ready. Well people, I shower and brush my teeth and literally do everything else on the train! So I wanted to blog today about the essentials you need to create a nice daytime look with minimal products in a short amount of time.

So, imagine me on a train... I would have cleansed my face in the shower with Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and moisturised with Decleor Aroma Purete, so my clean is prepped for makeup. Firstly I apply my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser in shade nude and I let this settle on the skin for a while before I apply my trusty Touché Éclat by YSL every where that I need a bit of radiance - under the eyes, bridge of the nose, chin and between the eyebrows.

Next I take my eye lash curlers (only cheapy ones from Primark) and curl my lashes to give maximum length. Using the mini Clinique high impact mascara in black I coat my lashes as much as possible to create a fluttery lash look.

Using my favourite bronzer, the bronzing pearls from Me Me Me I sweep the colour over my cheeks, across my temples and down the sides of my nose. I do this a couple times to ensure I look alive, using the Real Techniques stippling brush. To finish my look off I dot a few blobs of Benefit's benetint on the apples of my cheeks which gives them a lovely natural looking flush. I was never convinced by this product before, but I got it free in this month's InStyle magazine and LOVE it.

Altogether this takes about 5 mins and the products aren't heavy in your bag so you can carry them all day with no hassle. And there you have it, 5 minute makeup with 5 products.

No comments:

Post a Comment