Sunday 13 November 2011

The Beauty List

Sorry I had to rush off so suddenly yesterday, but as promised here is the second half to yesterdays Beauty List.

As you all know it was my graduation on Friday and I was on the hunt for a foundation that had the lasting power to keep me looking glam all day long. My first thought was Chanel - as it usually is - but I'm also a huge fan of MAC and know that their foundations are always a winner. I wanted quite a subtle finish but long lasting, so I opted for MAC Satinfinish SPF 15.

The foundation gives a low to medium coverage that can be built up for more full coverage in the evening. It has light reflecting particles in the micro-minerals that blend beautifully into the skin, leaving a luminous look. Where normal dewy foundations tend to slip off your skin throughout the day this keeps lasting and has a beautiful glow in photographs. In my opinion this is the best foundation for dry skin, I was extremely impressed with its ability to rejuvenate my skin, give me a radiant glow and how long it lasted. It's £22.50 and is available online. And my ultimate favourite thing about MAC foundations is there is a perfect match for every-one's skin colour, depending on the warmth/coolness of your skin.

Lastly on my list this week is Shellac. I had a geleration manicure not too long ago, and I wasn't best pleased with it. I decided to go for a Shellac manicure to see if that version was any better, and so far, so good for Shellac. The geleration failed pretty quickly and started chipping and peeling within a few days - 3 days in and no peeling for Shellac yet. With its mirror finish and no nail damage underneath, Shellac already has my seal of approval.

My tip is you're looking to get a Shellac manicure is to pick a colour that you will be happy with for 2 weeks because this bad boy lasts! Prices start at around £20.

No comments:

Post a Comment