Sunday 13 November 2011

Graduation day

It can be quite difficult to find the right make-up for a big occasion, you don't want to to wear anything too different but you also want to make quite an impact with your make-up. As I opted to wear quite a shocking pink dress I decided to keep the face more low-key and natural. Here's the finished result and how I created it...
Firstly I took Clarins Flash Beauty Balm and put that onto cleansed skin to give me a more brighter and tighter look. Next I took Touche Eclat (No.1.5) and dotted it under my eyes, down my nose and just above my top lip to radiate my face. Touche Eclat is great for all occasions as it lightens up the face enhancing your eyes.

As I said in my previous blog post I used MAC Mineralize Satinfinish (NC25), I didn't use much foundation as I wanted a natural base - just enough to even out the skin tone. Next I took Benefit High Beam and dotted it where the light naturally hits your face - along your cheekbones and through the bottom of the eyebrows, gently rub this in to create a very soft sheen (AMAZING for photographs).

Next to compliment my brown/green eyes I used Benefit's velvet eyeshadow in Rich Beach, giving a beautiful shimmery effect on the eyes. I then glided a brown liquid eye liner from Collection 2000 through the top lash line to give my eye a bit more definition for the photos. To finish off the eyes I used Photo Flawless Mascara, from 17, on the top and bottom lashes. I also brushed through the eyebrows with Benefit's Brow Zings shaping wax from my sexy eyes pallet defining the eyes and giving some shape to my unruly brows!

To finish off this look I sculpted my face by using a bronzer on my forehead, under my cheekbone and on my chin, using my all time favourite Hoola by Benefit and then I applied Coralista onto the apples of my cheeks to give me a fresh glow.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment