Tuesday 21 February 2012

Say Hello To Spring Lips!

In my early morning slumber I have noticed that it is getting considerably lighter outside a lot earlier than usual, which I'm sure I'm not alone in being extremely excited about, am I right fellow commuters?

Having to leave my house at 6.30am each morning does not fill me with joy, I have to admit, however these brighter starts are definitely going to help the situation. So to celebrate I thought I would reflect my brighter mood with brighter make-up and so I have recently been experimenting with the Collection 2000 Cream puff.
*Warning, you will want to buy this product*

As a make-up lover I am actually quite shy when it comes to lip products. I tend to be safe and stick to gloss as the colour and texture just seems to flatter my lips more than a bold, matte lipstick. However I LOVE this cream puff. I applied it just before I walked into the office at 8.30 and it was still perfectly in tact at around 11! As it is a cream based product it goes on very smoothly and moisturises the lips, giving them a soft velvety feel. It leaves a powdery finish, which I thought would draw attention to my dry, slightly chapped lips, but it didn't stick to the dry patches - it simply glided over them leaving highly pigmented colour behind.

It is available in four shades but my colour of choice was fairy cake - a coral shade that brightened up my complexion (great for all skin tones). It's only £2.99 so I will definitely be getting this in all shades! Huge beauty bargain here ladies! Available from Boots and Superdrug. Oh my goodness, I nearly forgot to tell you about the amazing smell of it - vanilla essence lingers on your lips which could attract many potential suitors. I have to admit I've tried a number of products from Collection 2000 and I'm impressed with the quality of the products for the small price you pay - definitely worth heading to their stand on your lunchbreak for a little look.

Top tip - To prep your lips beforehand make your own lip scrub by mixing olive oil and sugar. Rub gently onto the lips, et voila beautiful lips ready to be coloured in!

Penny xx

No comments:

Post a Comment