Saturday 25 February 2012

Classic Beauty With Smashbox

I have so much good stuff to tell you guys about, I'm so excited! I had a bit of a splurge on cosmetics recently so I have loads of posts to do but my first and foremost is about Smashbox goodies.

Now Smashbox is a tricky brand, it has a troubled past - one which I think they would like to forget - because of an incident that happened in the past many beauty editors turned their back on the brand and so Smasbox was rarely featured in the press. Lauder has recently bought the brand which may mean things will start to look up for them though.

With this knowledge aside I have to say I think Smashbox produce fantastic, high-quality, long-lasting cosmetics. I have recently tried a few more products and they do not disappoint. Smashbox are professonals in studio make-up and apply make-up to the stars in LA. Because of this their cosmetics have to stand the test of time and be able to hold up against gruelling conditions on a photoshoot, like harsh lighting.

I tried the products from the Girls on Film collection, which is gorgeous nudes, browns, peachs and greys - basically pallettes that accentuate every feature perfectly because it's all similar colours to your skintone. The Blush Rush was lovely, a great texture in the silky powder blusher. Not too heavy but pigmented enough that the colour looked really radiant on the skin. I tried it in Pose but there are so many colours to choose from to suit every skin tone. The award-winning formula is packed with Vitamins A and E so your skin is left feeling and looking really healthy and glowing. The blush also had a swivel mirror in the packaging which was great for applying my make-up on the go - it's the small things in life that please me! It was £16.85.

I also tried the Lip Enhancing Gloss in Overexposed. I love this gloss, it's very sheer and pretty - the perfect lip colour to partner with any eye make-up. Overexposed is a nude-peachy colour and is great for making your lips look smoother, plumper and just generally more gorgeous! £11.75

I'm really impressed with Smashbox and will be purchasing more goodies from them in the near future, I'm dying to try the primers!

Penny xx





No comments:

Post a Comment