Saturday 11 February 2012

The Beauty List

Good morning lovely people hope you have all had a great week so far. Mine has whizzed by, as they usually do working in the wonderful world of PR! It's been about three weeks since I returned from Center Parcs I don't think I've actually told you guys about it.

I definitely recommend you go...if you're a billionaire. No but seriously it is amazing and so tranquil - just what you need in January after going back to work - but it is ridiculously expensive. One chinese takeaway between seven people cost £85! Shocker I know. Luckily they had rapids that were absolutely amazing so I was a little fish all week and just chilled in the pool and rapids all week. This was bliss for me because as my close friends I do love a good swim!

While I was away I stripped myself bare of all make-up and stayed like this all week. While this may have been  a bit traumatising for most people who had to witness this mess, for me it was bloody brilliant. My skin feels so much better for it too. I highly recommend going a week free from make-up, or maybe just a weekend - it does wonders for your complexion. I felt radiant and my skin seemed to have a new lease of life!

However I did have a few little helpers along the way to achieving this. Now I do work for this next brand but in no way does this mean I'm biased - I really do love this product and all the following views on this product are my own. It's the Avene Moisture Mask.

It has been my best friend in these winter months. You plaster it on to your skin and leave for 10-15 minutes, after this time you tissue off any product that hasn't been absorbed by your skin. My skin leaves no sign of it being there after 15 mins which shows just how much my skin needs that moisture! After doing this treatment by skin feels so supple and comfortable, it looks instantly brighter as if it has just had the best nights sleep. It's a must-have for this freezing February we're having.

Available from Boots for just £11.50! http://www.boots.com/en/Eau-Thermale-Avene-Soothing-Moisture-Mask-50ml_1225228/

Second on my beauty list this week is a foundation, which if I'm totally honest I didn't have high hopes for. Call me a snob but I tend to stick to foundation from the counters not the shelves, simply just from past experience I do find they're genuinely better. However this foundation is a close competitor. It's the Ageless Elixir from Maxfactor - 2 in 1 foundation and serum, I used colour Natural 50.

It is a fantastic product that I really do like - it gives flawless coverage and you really don't need to use that much. As you all know I like my foundation to be as light as possible, and Maxfactor do a great job of giving you enough coverage to be called a foundation but it's so light and blends well it would look to the outside eye that you don't have anything on.

The smell of it is gorgeous too, it's very fruity and summery and with SPF15 it will be a great foundation for summer. The foundation + serum mix means you have a great look today, and the serum is working on tomorrow. At only £12.99 it's a beauty bargain.
http://www.boots.com/en/Max-Factor-Ageless-Elixir-2-in-1-Foundation_1222533/?cm_re=c9094_rot1-_-product-_-max_factor_ageless_elixir&cm_sp=brand_treatment-_-c9094-_-c9094_rot1

That's it from my Beauty List - I have so much more to tell you about but I think they all deserve a blog post of they're own!

Penny xx

No comments:

Post a Comment