Monday 25 June 2012

Wedding Make-Up

As you know I've recently been a bridesmaid at my best friends wedding. It was a beautiful day and I could not stop crying - which is embarrassing. But none the less it was a fab day and I now feel old because I have a married friend. Weird.

A lot of my friends were asking me how I did my makeup on the day, so I thought if they're interested then you guys must be. I tried to keep my look quite low key but really accentuated my eyes to keep it very natural but still glam for pictures.


I started off with my Laura Mercier primer, all over my face to keep my foundation in place for the whole day. Credit where credits due my make-up did not budge the whole day so I would 100% recommend this primer. Next I took my Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser to give my skin a natural glow. This tinted moisturiser gives a good coverage but looks very subtle - perfect for a wedding. I used my garnier under eye concealer to take away the darkness under my eyes and concealed any imperfections with my MAC studio fix concealer. I don't normally use powder but I just lightly dusted a bit over my face for staying power. Next I built up a bit of colour on my face with my Benefit Hoola and my Real Techniques stippling brush, just buff it into the skin for an all-over colour. 

For the eyes I used different shades of brown to define my eyes, starting with a light brown (almost cream) I took it all over the lid and in the inner corners. I then used a charcoal brown colour in the outer corners of my eye and slightly under the eye along the waterline. I then used a chocolate brown colour in the socket line of my eye creating a shadow and also took this along the waterline underneath my eye. Using a slanted eye shadow brush I used the chocolate brown colour along my lash line, and then finished it off with a liquid eye liner in Brown (obviously waterproof!). Use eye lash curlers for more definition on the eyes and finish off your eyes with lashing of waterproof mascara. I used my Lancome Hypnose which did not move all day despite the floods of tears.

I wanted to have quite a natural glow about me so I used my ME ME ME bronzing pearls all over my face - these are amazing and I will write a blog post about this separately, it is by far the best bronzer I have ever tried, and I have tried a lot. I then used my Bobbi Brown  Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in fresh melon which perks up any complexion. To finish off my look I groomed my eyebrows with the Benefit Browzings wax which darkens them slightly and ensures they stay in place all day. I didn't want a lot of colour or emphasis on my lips so I just had a light gloss on them using my Clinique Moisturising gloss in Mango. And there you have it, a really easy and natural look for a wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment